Yamaha SuperJet 2007-2020 Wedge Rear Sponsons
Wedge Rear Sponsons for Yamaha SuperJet 2008-2020 gives you 1-2 MPH top speed gains and rear grip in the corners. We require installing these sponsons using our proven silicone adhesive.
Our Performance Wedge Rear Sponson kit is designed to improve the riders confidence when riding their stand up watercraft. These sponsons are great for faster riders looking to get more performance and top speed out of their watercraft while still maintaining stability and rear grip. The “wedge” on the back of the sponson allows the water to flow past the bond flange to reduce drag and you will see performance gains of 1-2mph – all while still maintaining the straight line stability and corner grip that you want for fast riding.
What You Need to Know:
- For the warranty, you need to install this product with our approved silicone. Liberally apply silicone to all the edges and wipe off any excess from the surface of the product after installation. Smooth out any excess silicone along the edges as well. Allow the silicone 24 hours to cure.
- This product fits: SuperJet 2007-2020
- What is included: Wedge rear sponsons and mounting screws
- Installation time: 30 – 45 minutes
- What is the difference between these and the performance rear sponsons?
The wedge design ramps the water away from the back lip of the bond flange which increases speed and helps drive the nose. Both have the serrated edge that has proven to reduce backend lift and improve rear grip.
- Each wedge rear sponson only has one mounting hole. How do I mount the front of the sponson?
You will need to drill a hole through your bond flange and sponson about 1/2″ (13mm) front the front edge of the sponson. Drill low enough to allow the nut and washer to sit flat and leave enough bond flange for support. Please watch our video for a comprehensive look at this placement.
- Is this part legal to race with?
You will need to check the rules from your racing organization to verify if this part is legal for competition. ProWatercraft takes no responsibility if you are disqualified from this part breaking any racing organization rules.
|18 × 12 × 4 in