Yamaha SuperJet 2007-2020 XL Wedge Rear Sponsons
Wedge rear sponsons for the 2008-2020 Yamaha SuperJet improves rear grip and increases top speed 3 MPH or more!
ProWatercraft has come up with greater speeds and smoother grip for your Yamaha SuperJet. These wedge sponsons offer this hull a much more stable feel with a higher top speed of 3-5 MPH gained. The turning grip is unmatched and the overall combination is very popular on the race course and for the recreational riders.
We recommend pairing this sponson with the ProWatercraft Fattie front sponsons to get maximum control and comfort while riding for your SJ. To maximize your turning grip and speed we highly suggest our ride plate and RB300 intake grate.
What You Need to Know:
- For the warranty, you need to install this product with our approved silicone. Liberally apply silicone to all the edges and smooth out / wipe off any excess from the surface of the product after installation. Excess silicone on the surface causes decrease in performance. Allow the silicone 24 hours to cure.
Install is a little different from our other sponsons. Please read the directions carefully and watch our install video on YouTube and don’t forget to subscribe and hit that like button.
- This product fits: 2007-2020 Yamaha SuperJet
- This kit includes: XL wedge rear sponsons, hardware kit, and instructions
- Installation time: 1 hour
- What does the wedge do for handling?
The wedge profile allows water to bypass the back of the bond flange averaging 3+ MPH speed gains. These sponsons are great for faster riders looking to get more performance and top speed out of their watercraft while still maintaining stability and rear grip.
- Will the ski still be playful if I want it to be?
Rear sponsons are meant to grip the water while cornering, along with some side-to-side stability. These will help you rail the corners and feel confident doing it.
- Is this part legal to race with?
You will need to check the rules from your racing organization to verify if this part is legal for competition. ProWatercraft takes no responsibility if you are disqualified from this part breaking any racing organization rules. Based on IJSBA Rules that we have followed as long as both front and rear sponsons together don’t exceed 60 inches, this part would be considered legal.
What happens if I mess up or strip the hole for the bolt?You can fix the hole with a Urethane material or you can relocate the hole in a different position.
How much silicone should I use?You only need a little to seal up the front edge, a small amount on the rear tip, and some in the mounting holes.
What if I can’t get the sponson to fit properly?Check and make sure the underneath the bond flange bumper area is completely free from all silicone and hardware, the sponson is supposed to fit tight and anything in that area will keep these sponsons from fitting properly.
- What is the length of these sponsons?
These sponsons are 24 inches each in length.
|28 × 6 × 3 in