Kawasaki SXR 800 Wedge Rear Sponsons
Improve the top speed and rear grip with the Wedge Rear Sponsons for the Kawasaki SXR 800. We recommend installing with our proven silicone adhesive.
Our performance wedge rear sponson kit improves the riders confidence when riding their stand up watercraft. The shape of the wedge redirects water below the bond flange improving water flow and adding up to 2 MPH of speed. Along with the wedge is our tested, relief rear sponson design for the same rear grip advantage as our Performance Rear Sponsons.
Installation requires drilling out 4 rivets (2 per side) and the front mounting hole for the Kawasaki SXR Wedge Rear Sponsons. After this, apply silicone to the edges/bolt holes and tighten down the bolts.
What You Need to Know:
- For the lifetime warranty, you need to install this product with our approved silicone. Apply silicone to all the edges and wipe off any excess from the surface of the product after installation. Smooth out any excess silicone along the edges as well. Allow the silicone 24 hours to cure.
- This product fits: Kawasaki SXR 800 / 1100
- What is included: Wedge rear sponsons and mounting hardware
- Installation time: 30 – 45 minutes
- What is the difference between these and the regular rear sponsons?
The wedge design ramps the water away from the back lip of the bond flange which increases speed. Also, both have the serrated edge that has proven to reduce lift and improve rear grip.
- Each wedge rear sponson only has one mounting hole. How do I mount the front of the sponson?
You will need to drill a hole through your bond flange and sponson about 1/2″ (13mm) front the front edge of the sponson. Drill low enough to allow the nut and washer to sit flat and leave enough bond flange for support. Please watch our video for a comprehensive look at this placement.
- Is the mounting location adjustable?
No. The wedge is needed at the very rear to direct the water around the bond flange.
- Can I mount these together with mid sponsons?
Yes but it may not be legal for IJSBA racing. Please check their rule books for more information.
|Dimensions||16 × 6 × 3.5 in|