Fattie Front Sponsons
The Fattie front sponsons were designed to offer maximum stability when you lean into the turn, making the turning feel very easy to find and engage. The Fattie front sponsons will dramatically increase comfort for any skill level and size of rider. These 36″ front sponsons are a must have item for the freeriders and big trick crowd, as it will reduce subbing when landing tricks and give you a better turning feel through the waves. For our fast riders, and buoy chasers: these Fatties will offer a bigger, more stable feel when riding through the choppy water.
We designed these sponsons to be universal for most ski and sport PWC, and we have found they fit well to the 2021+ Yamaha Super Jet. The SuperJet 2021 and up hull has a deep V shape, which does have moments of feeling unpredictable… until now. The Fattie front sponsons fix this issue and also improves turning hookup while reducing cavitation.
What You Need to Know:
- IMPORTANT: In order to provide two different mounting options, this product comes with no holes.
- We offer two ways for install. You can choose to bolt on with three stainless steel M8 bolts, washers, and nuts, OR use stainless steel screws to screw on from the outside. Both options come with silicone adhesive and instructions.
- These sponsons are universal, so the fit may vary between each model or year of ski. We provide measurements in the instructions but your ski may require a slightly different position. The rule for positioning is as far forward and high up into the bond flange as possible with the bottom front edge of the sponson lining up to be flush with the hull. It may look like the sponson is overhanging from the hull but this sponson does have a rounded bottom edge so align the inside edge to the hull.
- The sponson’s top shape is rounded so when putting in position make sure there is an even space between the front and rear tips of the sponsons to the bond flange.
- The Kawasaki 440/550 has hull imperfections that may not allow the sponson to fit all the up to the bond flange. We recommend modifying the sponson or hull enough to get the sponson up into position.
- This product fits: Any standup or sport ski
- What is included: Front sponsons, silicone tube, and hardware
- Install time: 2 hours
- Install video for SCREW hardware and BOLT ON hardware.
- Hull measurements:
- Kawasaki 550, 34 1/8″ from back of hull, no hull cap
- Kawasaki 750 SX/SXI, 37″ from back of hull
- Kawasaki SXR 800/1100, 40 3/8″ from back of hull
- Kawasaki SXR 1500, 48″ from the back of hull, 2 3/4″ from inner bond line
- Yamaha Square Nose SuperJet, 37 3/4″ from back of hull
- Yamaha Round Nose SJ (1996-2006), 37 1/4″ from back of hull
- Yamaha Round Nose SJ (2007-2020), 38″ from back of hull
- Yamaha SJ (2021+), 45 1/4″ from back of hull
- How do these sponsons compare to the 36″ front sponsons with upper lip?
Without the upper lip, the Fattie Front Sponsons allow for a greater lean angle into your corners. The Fatties are thicker, allowing for more buoyancy and have a blunt front edge to help break up choppy water.
- How do these sponsons compare to the Performance front sponsons?
The Fattie front sponsons were designed to be a bit wider for straight line stability and to make turning smoother. The Performance front sponsons were designed for more aggressive turning for buoy riding and racing. Both options will make your ski more stable and improve turning.
- Do you drill the holes for how I want to mount them?
No, the holes will not be drilled because of the two different mounting options.
- Where should I mount them?
Because these sponsons are universal, the fit may vary between each model or even year of ski. We provide measurements for some skis in the instructions but your ski may require a slightly different position. The rule for positioning is as far forward and high up into the bond flange as possible with the bottom front edge of the sponson lining up to be flush with the hull. It may look like the sponson is overhanging from the hull but this sponson does have a rounded bottom edge so align the inside edge to the hull. The sponson’s top shape is rounded so when putting in position make sure there is an even space between the front and rear tips of the sponsons to the bond flange.
- Are these front sponsons paintable?
Yes. We recommend keeping the surface a matte finish to keep the handling of the sponsons predictable.
- Do you offer options for side exhausts?
We do not have side exhaust options at this time.
- Is this part legal to race with?
Please check the rules from your racing organization to verify if this part is legal for competition. ProWatercraft takes no responsibility if you are disqualified.
|Dimensions||36 × 6 × 4 in|
SCREWS (PWR STANDARD), BOLTS