ProLite Carbon Fiber Handlepole (not for SXR)
ProLite is a lightweight, aftermarket handlepole replacement that is shortened for better nose control and weights 3+ lbs lighter than stock! Can be universally mounted to any standup with modification.
Made to order
The ProLite handlepole is a more cost effective alternative to the aftermarket aluminum poles on the market. The ProLite handlepole’s edgy style, just like our ProForce, is made with a mix of carbon fiber and fiberglass. This composite handle pole is as structurally strong or stronger than any other the market, and it only weighs 5 lbs! The stock pole is 8 lbs.
The big advantage to this ProLite handlepole is the steering angle: stock 550 is 38 degrees, stock SXR is 29 degree, RRP is 18 degrees, and the ProWatercraft ProLite handle pole is 15 degrees. Having the correct steering angle reduces stress on the rider, you receive better endurance and turning control is noticeably better. Not only is the steering angle changed but so is the steering system orientation too!
Pivot to pivot the pole measures 36.5″ and has adjustable features with different “Sub” plates and steering plates.
What you need to know:
- The finish on this pole is not perfect and will come with some small imperfections.
- You will need to reuse the stock (550) steering sub plate and steering cable bracket
- Some trimming may be necessary around the opening for the steering plate for aftermarket steering plates
- Fits: Kawasaki 440 /550 and 750 SXI Pro as well as the 2007+ SuperJet*
*Pivot bushings may need modification
- Installation time: 1-2 hours
- Will my steering sub plate work with this handlepole?
If you have the stock Kawasaki 550 sub plates, then it will fit with no modification. If not, a custom bracket must be made to adapt your steering system to this handlepole.
- Will I need to change my pole spring?
Maybe. Installing the handlepole with your current spring will tell you right away if it needs to be weaker or stronger.
- Is this pole adjustable?
|Dimensions||48 × 8 × 13 in|
|Model of Standup||
440/550, ('90-'20) SUPERJET