36 Inch Front Sponsons with Upper Fin
$389.70 – $400.90
Our HFC front sponsons with a lip bring functionality with cost effectiveness. We have been testing this design for several years on several different models, they all have given us the same result. Rough water stability is unmatched, side to side feel is so much better, comfort in banking and railing turns is seriously improved. We have had great results in increased stability and more comfort in turns with skis like the Kawasaki 440/550, Kawasaki 650SX, Kawasaki 750, Kawasaki 800, Kawasaki X2 and Yamaha WaveBlaster. The upper fin lowers the ski’s bond line which is perfect for changing the X2 and WaveBlaster to have grip in the front of the ski.
These HFC sponsons are tough and durable as they come. The material offers a natural water-beading effect and a flat black finish to grip the water better than the competition. The kit includes 7 stainless steel screws for each side and a tube of silicone to attach it to the outside. This process has proven to be the easiest and most effective way to install front sponsons.
In comparison to our performance front sponsons, the 36″ front sponson with the upper lip is more stability driven. We generally recommend the PW-SP-265 for entry-level to intermediate riders who are looking to get more stability out of their stand up. These sponsons are great for casual cruising or shredding turns, but will not offer the same amount of lean angle as the PW-SP-250 performance front sponsons. If you are a fast rider, or interested in racing, we recommend the performance front sponsons.
What You Need to Know:
- For the warranty, you need to install this product with our approved silicone. Apply silicone to all the edges and wipe off any excess from the surface of the product after installation. Smooth out any excess silicone along the edges as well. Allow the silicone 24 hours to cure.
- If you’re not sure which front sponson fits your riding, check out our video here.
- Fits: Kawasaki 650sx, Kawasaki Gen1 X2 (1986-1995), Yamaha WaveBlaster, Kawasaki 550sx and MANY more!
- IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE AN X2: there are two options for this ski: if you have the exhaust in the side of the ski where the sponson mounts, you can select “X2 Gen 1” from the exhaust option dropdown. This will get you sponsons with an exhaust hole included. PLEASE NOTE: the exhaust hole location and size may vary from ski to ski, these sponsons can easily be adjusted to fit by grinding or sanding. IF you have a relocated exhaust, or forward mounted exhaust, you can order without the exhaust hole.
- What is included: Front sponsons, silicone tube, and mounting screws
- Installation time: 1-2 hours
- Hull measurements
- Kawasaki X2, 44 1/4 Inches from the back of the hull
- Kawasaki 440-550, 37 1/2 Inches from the back of the hull
- Kawasaki 650 SX, 37 1/2 Inches from the back of the hull
- Do you offer options for side exhausts?
Yes, but only for the Kawasaki 650SX at this time. Other standup ski models and exhaust outlets will require modification to the sponson (voids the warranty) or relocation of the exhaust port.
- Will the exhaust hole fit my aftermarket exhaust outlet?
No, the exhaust hole was designed to fit the stock exhaust outlet for the Gen 1 X2. The exhaust hole option does not work with the 1994 Kawasaki X2 Gen 1. You will need to order these sponsons without the exhaust hole and cut yourself.
- What is better, these or the performance front sponsons?
When it comes to this question, it’s not about “better”, but about the function. In comparison to our performance front sponsons, the 36″ front sponson with the upper lip is more stability driven. We generally recommend the PW-SP-265 for entry-level to intermediate riders who are looking to get more stability out of their stand up. These sponsons are great for casual cruising or shredding turns, but will not offer the same amount of lean angle as the PW-SP-250 performance front sponsons. If you are a fast rider, or interested in racing, we recommend the performance front sponsons.
- Are these front sponsons paintable?
Yes. We recommend keeping the surface a matte / flat finish to keep the handling of the sponsons predictable. A lot of the performance comes from the standard flat finish on our sponsons.
- Is this part legal to race with?
You will need to check the rules from your racing organization to verify if this part is legal for competition. ProWatercraft takes no responsibility if you are disqualified from this part breaking any racing organization rules.
|36 × 6 × 4 in
NO SIDE EXHAUST, X2 GEN 1 SIDE EXHAUST, 650SX SIDE EXHAUST